Having participated in the development of the Polytopia Project since its outset here on SpaceCollective, my primary focus and passion has been to make inroads into conceptualizing, innovating and developing the tools/interfaces/utlities/system architectures that facilitate and contribute to the emergence of a polytopian mind habitat.
Together with Gavin Keech (@gavinkeech
), Gunther Sonnenfeld (@goonth
), Brendan Howley (@brendanhowley
) and our selfs (@notthisbody
), we have formed an entity called ThinkState - a creative innovation consultancy that is building UBIQUID.US
- values-driven creative tools for the collaborative economy.
With awareness of inspiration stemming from the Polytopia Project within all of us involved, we wish to publish the statement below, contributed to be each of us, assembled based on our shared affinities and values.
The intention is that this statement can be hacked, examined, ripped apart, adopted, adapted by any and all who find use for it - so that perhaps we can define a kind of mutual commitment statement suited to a Polytopian perspective.
These core characteristics and principles are strongly inspired from the Polytopia presentation
that were created in November 2010.
As well, I would like to thank and credit Spaceweaver
, whose text I have taken the liberty of adapting under the heading "How we desire to be free".
We welcome any and all who would like to join the conversation around these affinities.
Fluid Fractal Organism - Participation and Fusion
from Entanglement Personas/Metaconstructs by @gavinkeech
The below text also exists at http://piratepad.net/FFO for live, collaborative editing.
FLUID FRACTAL ORGANISM STATEMENT
THIS STATEMENT is made this _______ day of ______, 2011, to set forth the stated intention of [entities involved] to continue in a collaborative and cooperative fluid fractal organism (FFO) - for profit and social benefit around their common affinities.
This letter sets forth the vision statement and key characteristics under which the entities of the FFO intend to develop a partnership agreement and act from a business perspective.
Key characteristics of the ThinkState FFO include:
[entities involved] will endeavor to cooperate with one another to develop aesthetic interfaces and utilities that
- transition and evolve current socio-economic models
- lead to the emergence of collaborative marketplaces
- co-create value through the leveraging of affinities around shared narratives
- monetize that value through ethical re-sale and incentivization of personal data
- volumize and visualize that data via immersive technologies
- enhance emergent properties and multiplicity
- contribute and reciprocate with the open-source community
- ...create a ground of engagement for entities to interact and nourish one another: the coordinating layer of both the web of our strategic partnerships and the web itself
The principles of the cooperative relationship are:
How we desire to be free
- All initiatives will be tested towards their potential to mutually and reciprocally enhance entities
- By all means practicable, all initiatives will strengthen co-emergent interests
- An ambience of partner cooperation will allow for mutually agreed-upon concurrent agendas
- Critical decisions will be undertaken in an ambience of openness and directed dialogue
- All value co-creation will be undertaken in an ambience of transparency
- These principles we place before personalities.
Technology offers the possibility of analyzing and directing the mental processes involved in computing our choices towards an optimized state of freedom.
By developing interfaces and utilities, we might find greater degrees of personal and collaborative freedom not only by means of increased computing resources and information access, but also by upgrading the very way we compute.
If we gain sufficient understanding of how mental processes arise, we can begin to devise general methods of ridding them from unnecessary redundancies and increasing their aesthetic and creative qualities.
This is our mission: to utilize the sciences of the mind, providing us with powerful insights and tools to help us optimize individual and collaborative freedoms.
When we no longer feel we share common affinities, we must arrange to fluidly be able to move past that block to continue with the affinities that we do still have in common, if we so desire.
Concurrent agendas are possible by transparent best practices, which in turn respect the vision that we have set forward.
No longer sharing specific affinities does not render collaboration mutually exclusive.
A recognition of these characteristics and principles is the bedrock of our collaboration: we will, each of us, make best efforts to continue to evolve those characteristics and principles, guided by balancing what is best for all of us against what is best for our company.
This Statement contains the mutual understanding between the sentient entities with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any prior understandings and agreements between them with respect thereto.